Westhof Farm was used by the New Zealand Division as headquarters in May and June 1917.
The cemetery was begun in May 1917 and used by fighting units and field ambulances until April 1918, when it passed into German hands for five months.
There are now 131 Commonwealth servicemen of the First World War buried or commemorated in this cemetery, including special memorials to six casualties whose graves were destroyed by shell fire. There are also five German war graves in the cemetery.
The cemetery was designed by G H Goldsmith.