Somer Farm Cemetery No. 1 was first started in June 1917 and remained in use until March 1918. It was reopened for new burials in October 1918 and now commemorates a total of 89 Commonwealth soldiers. Some of the graves could not be relocated after the war and the casualties concerned are commemorated by special memorials.
The cemetery covers an area of 633 m² and is enclosed by a low wall.