Pond Farm was situated amongst the fields some 800 metres to the east of Packhorse Farm. The cemetery is located on the north-western side of the farm. It was begun in July 1916 by the 3rd Rifle Brigade and the 8th Buffs, and continued to be use by fighting units and field ambulances until October 1917. Further burials were made in both April and September 1918. The sequence of burials over the years is difficult to follow on the ground. Each row contains two or three groups of graves.
There are now 296 Commonwealth servicemen of the First World War buried or commemorated in this cemetery, a number of whom are unidentified. The cemetery also contains five German war graves and special memorials to three casualties of the 1st/7th Cheshires, buried here early in September 1918, whose graves were later lost.
The cemetery covers an area of 2,123 m² and is enclosed by a natural stone wall.
Burials (Commonwealth War Graves Commission):
United Kingdom: 296
Other nationalities: 5