La Laiterie Military Cemetery

La Laiterie was a dairy lying north-west of the road between Ieper and Kemmel. The cemetery was opened in November 1914 and remained in use until October 1918. After the Armistice, isolated graves from the battlefields to the north and north-east of Kemmel were concentrated here. The cemetery now contains a total of 751 Commonwealth war graves, almost a quarter of which are unidentified. Two soldiers from the United Kingdom, whose graves were destroyed during the war, are commemorated by a special memorial.

 The ceremony covers an area of 5,172 m² and is enclosed by a brick wall.

Wulverghem-Lindenhoek Road Military Cemetery


Price Free