Croonaert chapel once stood on the road between Voormezele and Wijtschate. The cemetery is situated some 150 metres to the west of this road, in what was no-man's-land before the Battle of the Messines Ridge in June 1917. The cemetery was opened that same month by the Burial Officer of the 19th Division, which attacked across this ground. Two further burials were later added; one in April 1918 and the other in January 1919. The remains of the 51 Germans soldiers originally buried here were removed elsewhere after the war.
The cemetery now contains the graves of 74 soldiers from the United Kingdom, some of them unidentified, and one Chinese labourer.
It covers an area of 455 m² and is enclosed by a natural stone wall.